General information regarding Advanced Placement has been provided below. Advanced Placement is offered in all Regina Public Schools Colleatiates through schedule and/or supported through the challenge process and independent study and mentorship. However, it is important to note, that the number of courses offered and which courses offered varies from one school to the next with the the number of courses offered in each school to expand over time.
What is Advanced Placement?
- Rigorous enrichment academic opportunity available to all students in Regina Public Schools
Internationally and nationally recognized
- Internationally, Advanced Placement is offered in 148 countries, 4.5 million exams are written, 2.5 million students are supported, 23,000 high schools are involved, and 6000 universities receive AP credits
- Nationally, Advanced Placement is offered in all provinces and territories, 28,5000 exams are written, 17, 000 students are supported, over 600 high schools are involved, and over 100 universities receive AP credits
- Saskatchewan Ministry of Education learning outcomes aligned and supplemented with Advanced Placement learning outcomes
Why take Advanced Placement?
- Concentrate on areas of passion
- Focus on reading and writing and problem-solving abilities
- Sharpen study habits
- Build confidence
Study first year post-secondary level course work
Broaden life and work choices
- Explore future possibilities
- Plan for career choices
- Gain experience to support post-secondary success
- Potentially earn post-secondary credits
- Stand out in post-secondary admission process
Where can additional Advanced Placement information be found?
- AP Central
- AP Canada
- AP Students
- University of Regina Recognition of Advanced Placement Courses
- University of Saskatchewan Recognition of Advanced Placement Course
Information regarding Advanced Placement, for Regina Public School Division Teachers and Staff, can be accessed through log in to the RPS Website followed by accessing the Advanced Placement for RPS Teachers and Staff webpage (CLICK HERE).
For additional information contact Juanita Redekopp-McKeown - Supervisor of Instruction (email@example.com or 306-523-3136).